The Center for Teaching Excellence has a limited travel budget to fund a small number of faculty each year to attend conferences that promote excellence in teaching.
All funding requests should include the following:
- Conference dates and description (a link to the conference website would be adequate).
- Estimated expenses (follow the PC Academic Affairs guidelines for travel).
- A brief description of the potential impact of the conference on teaching, pedagogy, and/or student learning.
- Other sources of travel funding.
Funding requests should be sent to the CTE director via email.
Within 2 weeks of return, faculty need to submit:
- Reimbursement request (including original receipts) that does not exceed amount approved by the CTE director.
- A brief (1-2 page) report that summarizes the following (this may be emailed to email@example.com):
- What you learned from the conference.
- How your teaching/scholarship will be impacted by the conference experience.
- What you need to follow up on (books/articles to read, teaching strategies to try, technology to explore, etc.).